You brighten my day..

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The celebrations have begun!!

A nice early surprise in the form of a package from Amazon!!!! And how would you react??? I laughed louder than when I watch Ray in his show. I couldn't believe what my Raymond had got me, more than that the note took me by surprise. It means that my laughter is priceless to him!!
               My date with Ray Romano began 12 years ago. Every Monday I would meet him faithfully. This guy could crack me up and have me rolling with laughter. Eventually, I got married and I introduced Ray to Vinay. Now, there were three of us on a date (Ray, Vinay and May...sounds good) every Monday, laughing our butts out. Slowly the kids came along, Vinay had to work longer, I had to slowly bid goodbye to Ray. I could not meet him anymore. Also, I had made new F.R.I.E.N.D.S. who I could meet after the kids fell asleep.
Years rolled by and I never forgot Ray. I would try to steal a show here and there, every now and then mentioning him to my family. Having moved to Germany, I had forgotten how to laugh. I then remembered this guy who used to crack me up. Also I had all the time in the world, but alas, German television does not bring Raymond to your homes. Tried looking for him in various stores, yet no luck.
             Vinay managed to download his shows, but it never felt the same, sitting in front of a PC and having a laugh. So, it looks like my Raymond got into action and got me this early present. This is our first Amazon purchase and it looks like we will be having many more in the months to come. For now, I am glad that my date with the man who can crack me up and the man I love are back on!!!

3 comments:

  1. WOW what a great gift!! I love that show. Im really lucky with having dutch tv because 99% of it is enlgish shows! so I get Everybody loves Raymond and tons of others. I actually bought the whole collection of Roseanne. I loved that show growing up and now I can watch it whenever I want. What irks me about tv here is that most of the shows are either reruns,shows they cancelled in the U.S. or they have a habit of starting and stopping a series right in the middle of it.

    Enjoy watching it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny. :) Happy birthday to you!!
    I like that show, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...