You brighten my day..

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lavender, from the plant to a pouch.

Today, I decided to cut the dried stalks of lavender from the garden. I wanted to make a little bag of the dry flowers.


Ms A came to my rescue. She had just the pouch which she had made in her art class. A pretty pouch with purple polka dots, PERFECT!!!
We trimmed the stalks together and dropped the flowers in.


Once done, I added a personal touch. 
I drew some purple lavender flowers and LOVED how it looked.


There are some more flowers blooming. I hope they are enough to make a second pouch.


For now, this one hangs just above my bed with the heady scent of lavender wafting through the room.

8 comments:

  1. Your blog is always worth the click to come over even just for the header photo.


    Love the lavender bag idea too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I appreciate your comments, there is no force on my part for you to drop by.

      Delete
  2. I do love lavender so much - I can feel the smell to here! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it and the smell of lavender so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these photoa May! just beautiful. I can literally smell the lavender!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter lives in the south of France in "lavender country" and I could buy beautiful lavender soaps, perfume, etc. It´s wonderful to see the lavender fields!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, that's amazing! I have a lavender plant in the balcony, if I have enough I might try it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that's amazing! I have a lavender plant in the balcony, if I have enough I might try it too :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...