You brighten my day..

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Fasching in Mainz.


Helau from Deutschland!!! Who says you need to be in Rio de Janeiro to witness what a carnival or Fasching as it is called looks like?? We have it happening in Deutschland with three cities (Mainz, Köln and Dusseldorf) hosting the major carnival parades.
      We visited Mainz yesterday to witness the fun and we had the most amazing time and experience. For today, I will let the pictures do the talking. Will get back tomorrow with details of our trip. Happy Tuesday everyone!!!!







P.S: The kids are home for the week and we have action packed days ahead of us!! Kindly bear with me as I will not be able to comment on my favorite blogs...:) Will be back next week!!!

19 comments:

  1. What a colorful parade! I would love to have been there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures the colors are amazing! I loved this time of year with all the celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, it's not Venice or Rio, but Carnival there is very colourful and cheerful! I sometimes take a peek on the tv from Deutschland. Here in the NL the biggest celebrations take place in the south, near Maastricht.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great pictures! I'm assuming it's a lot like Mardis Gras in New Orleans?

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOO cool! I want to go back to Deutschland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great captures! I love the last one! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots! Thanks for taking me along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how bright and colorful all the outfits are. Lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed your band and parade feature. I used to be in the band when I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always adore the photos you share~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots! Thanks for sharing the parade!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow look at those colorful photos!! thats so neat. They dont really celebrate that in my part of the netherlands but I know other parts get into it more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow look at those colorful photos!! thats so neat. They dont really celebrate that in my part of the netherlands but I know other parts get into it more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful pictures, I hope you enjoyed "den Rosenmontagzug".
    Liebe Prüße, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great pictures. It's always fun to see what's happening in other places. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many wonderful costumes! Great colors and so festive.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colorful costumes! Great series of photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What festive, bright colors! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...