You brighten my day..

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Fasching's parade

It's Carnival time in Germany, or rather kind of coming to an end. On Sunday afternoon, we attended a parade  in the neighbouring village of Wombach. To watch the pretty girls in bright costumes march,  floats go by with quirky costumed revellers,  and catch some candy amidst the shouts of "HELAU" which is a carnival greeting. It was extremely fun to wait and watch what kind of float would come next. I think, apart from collecting thrown candy, all the children loved the LEGO blocks who looked very colourful and unique. My personal favourite were the Grimm brothers fairytale characters. They sure got a chuckle out of me.
Sharing Instagram pictures of the fun filled afternoon.














What's happening in your part of the world? Link up and let us know..

3 comments:

  1. How FUN! Sort of makes me think of Mardi Gras!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very entertaining parade and celebration; the Lego people are fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors of the Lego people. Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...