You brighten my day..

Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's beginning to feel like Christmas....


When I returned back to Germany from my home trip in September, I was surprised to see the stores selling X'mas goodies already!!! I thought to myself "People, it is still a 100 days to Christmas!! What's the big hurry???"
   So, when last week, the lights were being put up in the market place and the trawlers were carrying X'mas trees around, I thought I need to keep up with the Germans :D
We have a lot of windows to do up, so I got some cuttings from pine trees and yes pinecones!!!! I just love pinecones!!  I have collected many during our walks in the forests. When I spotted these huge ones at the market, I knew I had to buy a few.  They are big, strong, sturdy and I will make something out of them for X'mas, maybe a wall hanging or so...


If you are to make a collection of artefacts from Germany, then Christmas figurines ought to be in your list. Remember our trip to Rothenburg ob der Tauber which has a Christmas Museum and market. I did purchase a few things and now is the time to get them out and display.


A figurine, some pinecones, leaves and a few baubles.... the window is dressed up


I love this figurine which is also a t-light holder. She glows beautifully in the dark


How does this piece of art look?? It is incomplete, but I put it up. This is known as Fensterbilder in Germany, which means, Window Pictures. There are books available to guide you how to go about. I will do a posting on how to make a fensterbilder.
    I will have many more postings in the future on things to do for X'mas.

2 comments:

  1. Aaah I love this time of year..espically in Germany! they know how to decorate for christmas:) We are headed to a german Christmas Market next weeked and I can't wait. The Dutch do no go all out like I am used to and germany provides that outlet for me..lol

    Beautiful window arrangments and I too love pinecones!!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...