You brighten my day..

Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 is here!!!

2011 is here and it is pretty hard for me to accept it. A year has come and gone. As I saw the fireworks from within the comfort of our home, I couldn't help but think where did the year go? What seemed like eternity on my arrival here, now feels like the year passed by with a blink of the eye.
     I have no idea what the future holds for us. But for now, I will take delight in the unknown and look forward to the excitement and disappointment of living an expat life...:)


We stayed up pretty late with the kids on New years Eve. We grilled chunks of meat with fruits and veggies in the oven and had a meal along with some champagne, an indoor picnic by candle light. The kids were pretty excited. They strung all the veggies, meat and fruit onto the skewers for me. My daughter was pretty smart and chose to go only with meat and veggies of her choice, hereby skipping the fruit..:D Close to midnight, the fireworks begun. We drew our curtains and enjoyed the show from within our home.

  2011 has kickstarted with a bang. Here's wishing all my blogger friends a Prosperous New Year. Thank you for being with me the past year and encouraging me with your comments. I look forward to a continued friendship with each one of you..:)

5 comments:

  1. Those brochettes (as we call them in Argentina) look fantastic! And it must have been fun for your kids to help make dinner. Beautiful shot of the fireworks - I didn't manage to take one decent shot of them last night :(
    A very Happy Year 2011 for you and your dear ones, May!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A happey new year for you and your family...
    Greetings, Petra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by to wish you a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...