You brighten my day..

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Chirp chirp..

We have a bird house, FINALLY!! I have always wanted one. Back home we had a lovely terrace garden with a pretty lawn and plants that flowered all year long. Tiny feathered friends would visit us once in a while. As much as I tried I never found a pretty house for the little ones. Once we arrived here, I was amazed at the different kinds that were readily available. The saddest part was that I had no garden.


For the past few days I have been noticing small yellow and black coloured birds sitting on the fence of our balcony searching for food. The sight of them made me decide to get a house. While sonny insisted on building one himself, I knew it would take him a veeerrry long time to make one. The above house comes in bits and pieces with instructions to assemble. He spent a good 3 hours putting it together for me and proudly filled it with bird seed and placed it out on the balcony.
Now the problem is that our balcony faces our living room with huge french doors. Though the doors are always closed due to the cold, we have constant movement inside our living room cause thats the place where we spend most of our time in. I spotted two birds helping themselves to the feed and when I slowly came out to the living room, they flew away never to return..:-(
Sonny is convinced that these two have told all the other birds that there is a woman constantly waiting for them on the other side of the glass doors and so nobody will ever visit AGAIN.
Tell me, should I move the bird house away from our sight or let it be? We want to watch the birds feed..

And along with your thoughts, please do link up with us and share your Tuesday too.


5 comments:

  1. That´s really nice, I do like bird song around my house! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun little bird house! I just love having them near so you can watch the birds come and go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They will come back slowly and cautiously. It's a gorgeous house!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the comment above...they will return. i have learned that there is a big difference in bird seed...our birds here do seem to come with a better (and usually more expensive) type of food. Watching the birds is a wonderful hobby!

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you stop by to say a few words...